There is a lot more literature and information to what actually causes the hair to fall out, in both; men and women. With this never-ending debate going around in the town, you can never be sure which of the remedies to follow until you are met with a certain solution that can claim to change your life.
Technically speaking, hair fall or loss is mainly occurred due to hormonal issues, but the main problem is that there are several other factors that shamelessly contribute to this issue as it is of no big deal.
Stress, unhealthy eating habits, anxiety, weak hair follicles or strands, are simply the aspects that donate to your hair loss problems. Irregular facial hair growth, hair falling in clumps, and other similar factors are the main signs that you need to take into account, if you are experiencing, and get yourself checked by an authentic dermatologist. Deficiency of nutrients, calcium, and iron can cause excessive loss of hair. Therefore, it solely depends on you that when you take this problem seriously enough to get the consultation of a professional.
However, as easy as it may sound, you should never take this issue lightly, especially if it continues for months. A temporary hair loss problem lasts for about 6 to 8 weeks but if it exceeds this time period, then it is a matter that should definitely not be ignored in any case. An underlying health condition can be the major culprit behind this concern. Moreover, these minute aspects can lead up to the main dispute of the subject that ultimately takes you down to the unusual pattern of baldness or hair loss.
In order to treat your hair according to the root cause, you need to address it, directly or indirectly, so that you can eliminate it from the core. Experts claim hair fall is inevitable. No matter how healthy your hair and scalp may be, there are always a few strands of hair left in your towel or hairbrush. We are told to believe that is perfectly normal. What is not normal, however, is anything more than that.
If you see there are strands of hair breaking away every time you brush or clumps just coming off while you wash or dry your hair, there is clearly something to be concerned about. Hair loss and hair fall is a sign of an unhealthy body and even a disturbed mind and it needs to be looked into.
Hair loss, whether rapid or otherwise, occurs for many reasons and they aren’t always easy to pinpoint. Shampoos that claim to reduce hair fall rarely come close to delivering on their promise. After a few washes with the new shampoo, your hair begins falling like before once again. In case you firmly believe there are deep-seated problems behind all your hair loss, you can always visit a doctor. Or, you can do what most people all over the world resort to, natural homemade remedies for hair loss.
The most common cause of hair loss in men is genetic:
Androgenetic alopecia (male pattern baldness) has a characteristic pattern of hair loss it begins with a slight recession at the front hairline and is followed by thinning on the crown of the head. The hair above the ears and at the nape of the neck is unaffected. This hair loss results from a complex chemical reaction when the enzyme 5-alpha-reductase converts the testosterone in the system into DHT or dihydrotestosterone. The hair follicles are genetically predisposed to be oversensitive to the DHT and become smaller and smaller with time, leading to the eventual hair loss.
If you are suffering from patchy hair loss you may be suffering from another form of alopecia:
Alopecia Areata is an extremely common condition and will affect 1% to 2% of the population at some point in their lives. Most sufferers are children and young adults (below 40 years old), though it can affect people of all ages. The hair loss is sudden and manifests itself in small, smooth-skinned patches that are likely to gradually widen with time. It can also affect the sufferer’s nails, giving them a pitted, ridged or brittle appearance. The exact cause is still unknown, although current theories include an auto-immune disease, stress or suggest a genetic basis. If the hair loss progresses until all the scalp hair is lost this is known as or Alopecia universalis if all the body hair is lost as well.
Hair loss can also result from a scalp problem. Inflammation of the scalp leads to production of superoxide, which causes hair shedding and will lead to diffuse hair loss.
CAUTION TO TAKE NOTE:
In most cases, hair loss is a result of an unhealthy diet. Irregular eating habits further aggravates the condition. The moment you realize you’re suffering from excessive hair loss, your first step should be to regularize your diet and start eating healthy.
Protein promotes hair growth and strengthens your hair. Consume adequate amounts of protein in your daily diet. Include eggs, meat, pulses, seeds, nuts, etc. all your meals. Eat plenty of fruits and vegetables of varying kinds too.
Lack of iron causes loss of hair. If you are anemic, you should increase your iron intake by eating more iron-rich food.
Like many other medical conditions, stress is a prime deterrent of hair growth and causes a lot of loss. If you have no outlet for your stress and cannot find a way out of it, consider speaking to a professional. In this case, hair loss is not your prime concern, but what lies behind it. Getting help will not just help your hair problems, but your life in general.
There are a variety of tried and tested natural treatments for hair loss that guarantee results.
Use any of the following easy to make recipes for stopping hair loss:
- Massage hair with olive hair and leave over night. Wash off the next day as usual. Olive oil works as a hair tonic. It is also referred to as liquid gold for the hair. Olive oil is rich in essential fatty acids which keep the hair cuticles moisturized.
- Boil a handful of henna leaves in mustard oil (in a ratio of 4 tablespoons to one cup). Filter and store in a sterilized glass bottle. Massage this herbal oil before a head bath every time. If possible leave it over night or atleast for 30 minutes before washing your hair. This is very effective in treating hair loss.
- Massage bhongra juice to reduce hair loss.
- Oil of Sagvan seeds too can be used for head massage to stop hair fall.
- Mix equal amount of almond oil and warm castor oil for head massage atleast once a week.
- Rinse hair with mix of apple cider vinegar and sage tea to help in hair growth.
- Use the following hair pack: mix amla powder and one egg. Apply and leave for half an hour before washing.
- Applying a mix of aloe vera gel and triphala herbal powder for 3 – 6 months continuously will help in new hair growth.
- Massage coconut milk into the roots. Make sure you cover full scalp. Leave for an hour and wash off with warm water. Using it for 3 – 4 times a week will give amazing results. Instead of coconut milk you can also use aloe vera gel.
- Drinking of coconut water regularly prevents hairfall.
- Include nuts in your diet.
- Boil fenugreek (methi) seeds in coconut oil or olive oil. Cool and strain. Store in a bottle and use as massage oil every time before head bath.
- Including amla in any form in your diet will help control hairfall.
- Whip one egg in henna powder and curd and use as a hair mask. This will help prevent hairfall.
- Massaging with warm castor oil 30 minutes before head bath will give excellent results.
- Mix equal quantity of lime seeds and black pepper. Make into a paste using water or ginger juice. Massage into hair and keep for a few hours before washing off.
- Make a protein rich hair conditioner using 2 teaspoon of olive oil, 2 egg yolks and 1 cup filtered water. Beat the egg yolks till frothy, add in the oil and beat till well blended. Add water and massage into hair covering every possible hair strand. Keep for 20 minutes and rinse as usual. This conditioner nourishes hair and stimulates hair growth and is mild enough to be used daily.